Saturday, January 24, 2015

Smaug's Legacy

This week I finally went and saw the final installment of The Hobbit trilogy. 
I suppose I am among a small group of Tolkien fans who have thoroughly enjoyed Peter Jackson's imagining of The Hobbit. I loved every moment of this epic adventure, from the breath-taking locations, to the amazing characters (and the amazingly talented actors who played them)! The crowning moment for me was obviously Smaug's awakening and rampage over poor Lake Town. 
I decided to make an outfit inspired by that most cunning dragon. 



The Flaming Deeps was a very difficult area for me to traverse when I was leveling through Moria.
I admit I fell into the flaming water table more then once when I was fighting goblins and cave trolls.
While much of Moria is dark and ominous, The Flaming Deeps is alight with fires and steam seeping up from beneath the catwalks. It was the perfect backdrop for an outfit inspired by the one who called himself "Fire and Death!!"

Enjoy the outfit!!

  • Head: Ceremonial Helmet of the Indomitable Protector, dyed Crimson (Lalia's Market, Dunland Armor)
  • Shoulders: Ceremonial Shoulders of the Lady's Power, dyed Crimson (Mirkwood Champion set - can be bartered from the classic Skirmish vendor, Lalia's Market)
  • Back: Treiglur-Clog, dyed Red (Isengard drop, Lalia's Market)
  • Chest: Westmnet Skirmish Armour of Determination, dyed Crimson (Tier 9 crafted)
  • Gloves: Harrow-Glofas, dyed Red (Dunland Drop)
  • Leggings: Westmnet Skirmish Leggings of Reckoning, dyed Crimson (Tier 9 Crafted)
  • Feet: Reclaimed Nobleman's Shoes, dyed Crimson (Great River quest reward)
  • Weapon: Malendol's Sword (Epic Quest Vol. II, Book 9: Chapter 6)

1 comment:

  1. I love your innovative use of the Treiglur-clog cloak and T9 crafted chest and legs. I seriously think you've captured the essence of Smaug through your attire...spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete